Hanover City Council Meeting
February 10, 2020 at 7:00pm
Minutes Not Yet Approved by Council
The regular Hanover City Council meeting was held February 10, 2020 at 7:00pm
in the meeting room at the Firehouse at 201 S Railroad Street Hanover KS 66945.
Mayor Jared Sedlacek called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Council members
were Tony Bruna, Nick Rohr, Kim Lohse, and Don Spencer. Council member Kylie
Fritschi was absent. Employees present were Tim Koss, Scott Wieden, and Katlin Bruna.
Guests included Robert Rut.
- Nick made a motion, second by Don to approve the monthly treasurer report.
- Tony made a motion, second by Don to approve the January regular minutes and
the two special meeting minutes. Motion carried.
- Tony made a motion, second by Kim to approve the monthly expenses. Motion
- Robert Rut, Fire Chief, reported that March 21st there will be Fire School; March
24th there is a storm spotters meeting in Washington; there was one new member
that joined the department; three members went to training in Salina and two
members went to training in Marysville.
- The council discussed employee hours and pay raises. Table to gather more
- The council reviewed the snow removal ordinance.
- The council discussed truck traffic in the city.
- The council opened two bids for the A/C unit for the community building. Tabled.
- The council discussed the road around the community building. Tabled.
10.The council discussed cleaning out the city hall basement. Tabled for a date to do
11.Don made a motion, second on Nick to approve the purchase of three name
plates—the city office, fire chief office, and conference room. Motion carried.
12.Tony made a motion, second by Don to approve the work to be done on the
street department truck’s 4WD. Motion carried.
13.Nick made a motion, second by Don to approve the purchase of a new laptop for
the water department and the software for it. Motion carried.
14.Kim made a motion, second by Don to approve the city clerk’s meeting hours.
15.Don made a motion, second by Tony to approve the city clerk’s mileage and
meal. Motion carried.
16.The council discussed the 2021 budget.
17.The council discussed next steps towards the Water Grant.
18.The council discussed some items that needed to be fixed and updated at the
19.The council decided to start the March meeting at 6:00pm.
20.Tony made a motion, second by Kim to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried.